Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thing 4: Life really simple

I had, until now, used the RSS Feed feature in Outlook. I like RSS feeds because it's easy. It's easy to set up. It's easy to use and it makes life SO much easier when trying to follow multiple sources.
Google Reader itself is not anything spectacular in my book. I might try out the Bloglines or netvibes or something. I really like technology (hardware and software) that offer "the most bang for your buck". So, for me, I like that when I open outlook, it is just one step. I can read e-mail, check my calendar, check my tasks and check for any new blog posts all at once. I understand that this is also true for people who use Gmail... I enjoy Outlook because it "pushes" to my phone as well.

For use in education, I can think of a couple easy applications:
Teachers: an easy, practical way to keep up with any student blogs that you have set into place as well as a way to keep informed and educated about anything from current news to leaders in education.
Students: a great way for them to keep up with other students' blogs as well as an easy/efficient way for them to keep up with the news and other ways to educate themselves.

No comments: